Whole home surge protection can ensure your most important appliances continue to work to the best of their abilities. A power surge may only last a few seconds, but it’s still a huge surge of electricity that can create massive electrical damage in your home. Surges usually occur when the flow of electricity in your home is interrupted, then kick-started again. And they happen when you least expect them as well. You may be working on your computer for job-related purposes, only for a power surge to ruin your progress and lose any important data. If that sounds inconvenient, it may not be so pleasant to discover that it only gets worse with time. You will lose power to some other appliances as well. Power surges can also damage HVAC systems, meaning your air conditioner may lose power in the middle of summer. The risk of a power surge doubles during a lighting storm. All it may take is a single bolt of lightning to fry wiring and also cause any nearby fixtures it ignite into flames, immediately putting your home at risk for a fire. None of these problems are worth putting your family’s safety at risk, so you should instead take action in getting whole home surge protection immediately. It can mean all the difference in how much money you spend on appliance replacement.
Calling Excel Electric for High-Quality Service
Fortunately, Excel Electric is here to provide you with high-quality electrical installations that will see you have reliable surge protection in no time. When you rely on all sorts of appliances just to get through the day, surge protection installed by one of our local electricians will ensure you continue to function in your home normally. Even better, you also have the option of layering whole home surge protection to give your most essential appliances extra protection. You can also get surge protection for multiple rooms in your home. After all, it shouldn’t be limited to just one room in your house. With appliances in kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms, home offices, and more, you should not allow any area go uncovered. But that’s where our electricians come in and provide your home with more protection than ever before.
What Factors Should You Consider Before Installing Whole Home Surge Protection?
No two types of whole home surge protection are alike and you need to make sure you’re purchasing the right one. The next time you are investing in surge protection, please consider these 5 factors before you make another move:
- Interior Power Surges: According to the NEMA Surge Protection Institute, 60% to 80% of power surges occur in the home. It may even come from appliances when they are shut off. For example, if your HVAC system is shut off, it leaves residual power in the line that would have otherwise gone to the system looking for an exit. Since it is racing throughout the home, it may bring a great deal of damage to other appliances when it finally finds an escape route. Always remember this: internal power surges are caused when a large appliance shuts off, so be careful when shutting off appliances like HVAC systems, washers, dryers, or refrigerators.
- Layer Surge Protection: What electronics in your home need the most protection? If you have appliances that you use every day that would cost more than $200 to replace, layering the protection to specific groups of appliances helps add additional protection to those electronics that are more sensitive than others. You also need to consider what rooms need the most protection. For example, your home office may have several appliances containing important data and will need extra amounts of protection.
- Protecting Your Home’s Infrastructure: You also need to consider how you can save money on electrical repair. Since there is a massive increase in electricity being channeled through your home’s wiring during a power surge, it may put your home at risk, or result in damaged wiring and electrical outlets. Repairs and rewiring can expensive, and you should consider how whole home surge protection, as it can save you a lot of money.
- Customer Reviews or Product Recalls: Depending on the brand or model of whole home surge protection, quality may vary. You should conduct research on the Internet to look for customer reviews or product recalls. You have every right to know how a certain brand or model of surge protection will be able to keep you safe.
- Your Electrical Needs: The more appliances you have in your home, the more surge protection you need. Appliances like coffee pots, washers, dryers, and refrigerators need protection or else just functioning in your home will be difficult once they lose power. Always consider your electrical needs before anything else, as you want to make sure the appliances you use every day are fully covered.
Keep Your Family And Electronics Safe – Talk To Our Representatives About Your Whole Home Surge Protection Options Today
Contact Excel Electric today if you need to make sure your appliances are secure thanks to our whole home surge protection!