Have you ever been camping and wished you could have a cup of coffee from your coffeemaker as you soak in the great outdoors? Well, with portable generators in Boynton Beach, FL, you can do exactly that. But they’re not just for camping. Portable generators can be used for a wide variety of purposes, camping outdoors or even at a construction site. It provides a steady flow of power when you need it the most, no matter where you’re located.
If you want to ensure you have a portable generator that operates the best it possibly can, call Excel Electric. Our team of electricians knows the ins and outs of portable generators in Boynton Beach, FL. They’re always ready to offer insight on how you can make the most out of your portable generator to keep you, your family, and others. It’s all part of our plan to provide the highest quality electricity to residents across the area.
What Should You Know About Portable Generators in Boynton Beach, FL?
Before you turn on your portable generator, here are a few important things our electricians believe are important to note if you want the safest, most effective performance:
- Please don’t operate a portable generator in a garage. While your portable generator can be used in many locations, it’s best to keep portable generators at least 15 feet away from your home to avoid the risk of carbon monoxide emissions.
- If you use your generator during a storm, it’s best to drain it of fuel. Keeping fuel in the generator can actually bring long-term damage to the generator itself.
- While your generator can certainly be used for a wide variety of purposes, do not overload. This is will not only damage the generator, but also damage the appliances it’s supporting.
- Change the oil regularly, even during prolonged periods of inactivity. On a monthly basis, pour a half gallon of gas and run it for a half hour in order to prevent the possibility of a blocked carburetor Changing the oil frequently will ensure your portable generator is ready to go for the next bout of rough weather or your next outdoor event.
- If you’re looking to preserve fuel, only use your portable generator for your most essential lights and appliances. You can also turn the generator off overnight to save fuel. Some appliances, like freezers or refrigerators, don’t even necessarily need the generator to stay operating.
Contact Excel Electric today if you want to learn more about portable generators in Boynton Beach, FL and have electricians provide one for you!