Port St. Lucie Electrical Panel Upgrades
Quality Electrical Panel Replacement Across South Florida
Older electrical panels often do not have sufficient capacity to meet the electrical needs of modern homes. Even a home that is 20 or 30 years old may not have been designed for the number and variety of appliances and electronics found in today’s modern home. Excel Electric offers electrical panel upgrades in Port St. Lucie to ensure that your system can effectively meet your family’s needs. Each and every panel upgrade comes with our incredible Excel Warranty which gives all customers a 10-year warranty on panel and service upgrades, and is upgraded to a lifetime warranty for preferred members. We take great pride in the peace of mind this warranty is able to provide for our customers.
When to Upgrade Your Panel
An electrical panel upgrade is often needed in homes with old fuse boxes and older homes that do not have enough electrical capacity to meet the family’s requirements.
It may be time for electrical panel replacement if:
- Your house was built before 1989 - If your home is old you may still have a fuse box, which means you should consider consulting our Port St. Lucie electrical panel replacement experts because circuit breakers are much safer.
- You are selling an older home - Make sure not to lose any value on your home simply because of a dated electrical panel.
- The panel is warm to the touch - None of your electrical panels, outlets, or appliances should get warm to touch and that's an indicator that there is something wrong with your wiring.
- The panel has a burning smell - If there's been a short circuit or another mishap in your electrical panel, it might be time for replacement as repairs are not always feasible.
- Lights frequently dim and flicker - If your electrical panel isn't up to the task for the amount of electricity you need, you'll see it in your flickering lights. You either need to reduce your electrical use or consult our Port St. Lucie electrical panel replacement experts.
- You are upgrading appliances, building an addition, or remodeling your home - If you're ever adding to your home, make sure to consider if you'll need more electricity or not. Your current electrical panel may not be able to properly provide the electricity you need.
- The current panel is not meeting your home’s electricity requirements - This is a classic time to consider electrical panel replacement because there is no repair that will give you more electricity like a new panel could.
- Your homeowner’s insurance requires replacement of your FPE, Zinsco, or Fuse panel - Make sure to read the fine print in your insurance agreement, but often they require you to replace your electrical panel periodically.
Types of Breakers We Install
Here at Excel Electric, we primarily install one of two different types of circuit breakers:
Square D QO: This quick-open (QO) breaker can open in less than 1/60th of a second – faster than any other circuit breaker on the market. Its copper bus offers remarkable durability as well as superior conductivity, and also serves to minimize live exposed parts. The circuit breakers are color-coded to make it easy to spot a tripped breaker. The Arc-D-Tect circuit breaker is designed to offer the highest levels of protection from dangerous arc faults, and are even able to record the last time they were tripped, and whether it was caused by arc faults, ground faults, or an overloaded circuit.
Cutler Hammer CH: This model offers a lifetime warranty on both its circuit breakers and its panels. It comes equipped with an AFCI that can recognize arcing faults and interrupt the circuit to reduce the possibility of fire hazards or damage to the panel. It has over voltage detection of 160V rms or higher.
Panel Upgrade Services Have a Lifetime Warranty
Upgrading or replacing an electrical panel is a complex job that requires skill and coordination. It is important to choose the right company to handle the project because the utility company won’t put the meter back until the work is completed and has been inspected.
Our panel upgrade warranties include:
- The Excel Warranty: Lifetime warranty for our preferred members on all panel and service upgrades, or a 10-year warranty for our existing customers on all panel and service upgrades
- Panel Tune-Up Warranty: Lifetime warranty for our preferred members on circuit breakers, or a 10-year warranty for our existing customers on all circuit breakers
Our team offers a wide variety of services alongside our panel upgrades. These include coordinating with the utility company after your upgrade to ensure that the completed work passes inspection and confirm that the electric meter is reconnected promptly and properly. We also are extremely well-versed in permitting requirements and will always pull all the necessary permits – building inspectors know that when they see Excel Electric, they can expect quality work and professionalism.
Ensuring a Smooth Process
Our technicians have the training and experience needed to get your electrical service up and running again in the shortest amount of time possible. We coordinate all permitting and inspections the same day and coordinate with the utility department to quickly obtain the service disconnect and reconnect. We are well-versed in all local requirements and regulations to efficiently handle electrical panel upgrades in Port St. Lucie.
When it’s time to upgrade your electrical panel, call (561) 459-8825 for a consultation.
“I am happy to unreservedly recommend Excel Electric”- Craig D.
“Explained the issues he found and gave me reasonable options”- Teri B.
“Work was stellar and the price was very reasonable”- Lisa N.