Electrical Troubleshooting in Port St. Lucie
Tips & Tricks for Our South Florida Customers
Do you have an electrical issue in your home that needs to be repaired? Have you checked all the GFI reset buttons inside and outside of your home?
In most homes, GFI receptacles are tied in line with other receptacles in different areas of the home, such as the garage receptacles. They are often connected to the exterior receptacles. When the exterior receptacles are not properly sealed and suffer water intrusion, GFI push button receptacles may trip. The same holds true with your kitchen. One push button receptacle can control half of the receptacles in your kitchen. So, before you spend money to have someone troubleshoot the problem, you should try a few simple solutions to avoid an unnecessary repair bill.
Check Your Breakers
Have you checked your panel to see if any of the circuit breakers have been tripped?
Breakers in your panel won’t trip because of heat. When a breaker is in the tripped position, it is usually because the circuit has been overloaded. When a circuit gets overloaded, it causes the wire to heat up, which in turn heats up the breaker. Once the breakers get hot enough, it will open the circuit to prevent damage to the electrical circuit.
Breakers can trip because:
- The breaker is bad
- The circuit has the improper wire size, causing the wire to heat up and trip the circuit breaker
- The circuit is overloaded, which can happen when you try to plug too many things into one circuit
- There are loose connections, which cause heat to build up
Over the years, the demands of a normal home have increased, which is why circuit and breaker problems are especially common in older homes. If your circuit breaker keeps tripping, do not change it out to a larger size and don’t keep resetting it. Doing this can cause things to burn up. Instead, call a qualified electrician to diagnose why the breaker keeps tripping. Remember, breakers are supposed to trip, but when they do it means something is wrong and should be fixed immediately.
Choose Excel Electric to Troubleshoot & Repair Your Electrical System
If you’re experiencing unexplained difficulties with your electrical system, some simple troubleshooting may be needed to locate and diagnose the problem.
Some of the benefits of choosing Excel Electric to troubleshoot and repair your electrical system include:
- Straightforward pricing: You’ll know what it will cost before any work is started
- Professional service: With hundreds of past customer reviews, we can be trusted with your electrical system
- Effective solutions: Once we have determined the source of the problem, we’ll explain it to you in clear terms and offer an effective solution to resolve it
- Complimentary safety check: We perform a complimentary visual inspection to ensure that everything within your system is safe
For high-quality electrical troubleshooting in Port St. Lucie, Excel Electric is the team to call.
Give us a call at (561) 459-8825 for help with any electrical emergency.
“I am happy to unreservedly recommend Excel Electric”- Craig D.
“Explained the issues he found and gave me reasonable options”- Teri B.
“Work was stellar and the price was very reasonable”- Lisa N.