The holiday season can put a lot of strain on your home. It’s the time of the year when your furnace and water heater work the hardest, keeping your home warm and comfortable. Preparing for the upcoming snow and frigid temperatures, however, requires more than routine maintenance, but a backup generator.
How a Portable Generator Can Help Keep Your Holidays Warm and Festive
While there is plenty of home maintenance to concern with during the winter season, such as your heating system and plumbing, potential power outages are another problem. Heavy snow and ice can weigh down power lines or knock down trees, causing massive power outages. No homeowner wants to deal with no power in the dead of winter, especially when important appliances such as your furnace, water heater, and sump pump rely on electricity to function. A portable generator is another important appliance to have in your home, and here’s why.
- It protects your home from power surges. Power surges can be common, but they’re very destructive for your electronics and can be caused by power outages. A power surge is a spike in your home’s electrical current which can happen when the power is cut off and then abruptly back on. A power surge can not only damage sensitive electronics but start an electrical fire.
- Your food won’t spoil. Important appliances like your refrigerator need constant power to prevent your food from spoiling. When the power goes out, the clock starts ticking, despite keeping your fridge closed. A backup generator can provide power to your important appliances, ensuring you don’t have to throw out an entire fridge of food.
- They’re safe. Without professional installation, it’s possible for your portable generator to be a possible health hazard. Excel Electric will make sure that your portable generator is as safe as possible.
- No frozen pipes or flooded basements. The winter season is generally the worst time of year for your plumbing. If your home isn’t properly insulated and heated, your pipes are at risk of freezing and bursting. Without power, your heating system can run and keep your home and pipes warm. No power also means your sump pump can work to prevent a flooded basement. A backup generator ensures your house stays warm and dry this holiday season.
How Excel Electric Can Help
You can’t put a price on home safety, but here at Excel Electric, we want to keep you from overspending this holiday season. Hooking up a portable gasoline to your homes electrical system for emergencies is one of the most cost-effective ways to ensure that you and your family will not be without power during inevitable outages. Benefits of choosing Excel Electric are:
- Safety – we will install your generator interlock kit the right way so no one can get hurt.
- Load management of the whole home -don’t settle for what the big box stores sell you or you could be limited to essential circuits needed for your family’s comfort.
- Up Front Pricing.
Don’t wait for the lights to go out. If you need a portable generator installation this holiday season, call Excel Electric!